Hello world, and here is my first blog about BIM and my fist blog post in general. Well, I thought is unfair to work in a BIM consulting firm and not to share all the challenges and experience with like minded people. 
Well let's go then. So what is BIM actually? In so many beautiful and confusing ideas about perfect BIM workflows and platforms I wanna tell my own story and build my information model.

I would like to wonder with you in today's technological possibilities and human factor of a BIM workflow. But first of all let me brief about my background. 

Well, I started drawing when I was 3 years old. Actually, and the first two things I remember drawing with a blue pen was a rectangular shaped house front with a window, a door and a pitched roof. If I'll find one of those I'll update this post one of these days. The second one, of course was a distorted vehicle. Then I started my painting classes during my early school years. After, when I was a teenager I started taking photographs with SLR cameras. It still remains a professional hobby for me. Then I decided that I wanna be a film director and failed my acting exams and two years military service started. It was then in the army when I realized that I have a passion to virtual graphics and after my military discharge when I had my first job as a database operator I started self learning 3d studio Max. I was so passionate about it that I immediately started looking for jobs in 3d modeling sphere. When I approached a very famous 3d artist one day and showcased him my "poor and funny" portfolio he just told me that I have to learn some CAD software and start working as a draftsman or modeler for AEC industry. That was in 2004. Six months later I was modeling my first real house project in 3ds max and by chance saw a software name called Revit which was mentioned in the help files of 3ds max as an architectural modeling software. I clearly remember my struggling when I was trying to model that single story residential unit with 3ds Max. You don't know how happy I was when I saw that little illustration showing a Revit wall with an active dimension that you can edit - and the rest as they say is a history. Back then (2004-2005) Autodesk Revit Building was just a perfect modeling tool for me and when I started working in that platform I couldn't ever imagine that it will deliver the BIM stuff and become a trend in the AEC industry.
Ever since I implemented Revit workflow in various fields including plant design industry, telecom infrastructure design industry, architectural industry and structural precast industry, precast panel industry. Now I can finally tell that I do BIM and I can write about my BIM experience and challenges me and my colleagues faced.
Welcome to BIMspot @ blogspot :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concrete Encased Duct Banks for external MEP/Utilities

Family template for manholes used in Stormwater & Sewer utilitiy networks

Titleblocks: key plan automatic zone selection & hatching